You can never go wrong with chocolate brownies at a party or for desert. I have perfected this recipe so many times and it never gets too old or too sweet. A couple of my friends came over over for a sleepover and no one could keep their hands off these mouth watering gooey brownies and trust me they are irresistible.
- 300gs dark chocolate (melted)
- 225gs unsalted butter/ margarine
- 200gs chocolate chunks
- 175gs of extra chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 200gs of light brown sugar
- 75gs self raising flour
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 ⁰C, gas mark 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20 cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, pour over the chocolate mixture and fold in.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa and fold in the extra chocolate. Pour into the prepared tin, making sure it goes right into the corners. Add any extra chocolate into the baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be crusty with a slight wobble underneath.
- Cool completely in the tin (can refrigerate overnight which aids cutting) and then cut into squares or triangles.