High protein Vegan Brownies

FullSizeRender

Having a sweet tooth is not wrong and no one should ever feel like they will grow fat by having something they like or enjoy. Everything is good in moderation. When i became vegan an year ago i had the assumption that i’ll never eat anything sweet I’m switching my whole life around and  i will only eat salads and fruits but i barely ate enough which made me resent the lifestyle 4 months down the line.

I began learning about it, watching documenaries and finding about the benefits of the being vegan. Today i get inspired by so many people around me both online and in person. As an athlete and a fitness enthusiast I wouldn’t want waste all the work i have put in and muscle i’ve gained by not having a proper diet but people like humantimothy, Naturallystefanie and Simnett Nutrition work so hard as athletes and accomplish so much.

My biggest inspiration is the humantimothy his ability to push himself and overcome obstacles by the food and the disipline he has to carry out these activities. I’ve spoken to so many people  who keep telling me that i won’t have a proper diet or I shouldn’t be vegan. These athletes teach me that those people are wrong and you can do anything you put your mind to. Living on a fully plant based diet timothy was able to complete a 100km marathon in 12 hours and that left me speechless.

80% of the time i try and fuel my body with a balanced, whole food organic diet filled with all the nutrients i can get but the rest of the 20% of my lifestyle is spent on learning and allowing myself to have sweet treats that are healthy and won’t put to waste all the work and effort I’ve done in the gym or at training to waste.

These high protein brownies are packed with nutrients that will continue to fuel your body throughout the day.

For brownie:

  • 1 1/2 tbs sugar
  • 1 cup mashed sweet potato
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 protein powder
  • 2 -3 tbs almond or normal milk
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

For frosting:(optional)

  • 1 tbs coconut or normal milk
  • 1/2 cup of icing sugar
  • 1 tbs of cocoa
  • toppings of your choice.

To make this:

  1. In a large bowl mash up sweet potato and bananas until it forms into a smooth consistency.
  2. Add the cocoa and protein powder as well as the milk and mix until well combined.
  3. Lastly, add the sugar and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly or until well combined. If needed add the milk into the mixture.
  4. The miture shouldn’t be runny once placed on the baking tray.
  5. Place into baking tray and spread evenly.
  6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 170 degrees celsius.

With lots of love,

Stephanie.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s