There is nothing better than having your breakfast planned out so you don’t have to worry about it on your busy mornings.
Most mornings I’m not really motivated or in the mood to make a delicious breakfast before my university lectures so having something already made makes it so much better.
This homemade granola is better than any store bought granola or breakfast cereal you will ever have. Its both sweet and savoury as well as crunchy and soft at the same time. You will understand what I mean when you take a bite of this with your breakfast. It’s heavenly sent.
Preparation time:10 minutes Cooking time:10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 tbs coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (optional)
To make this:
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees celsius.
- in a large bowl pour in rolled oats, nuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, coconut flakes, salt cinnamon.
- Toss or mix all the ingredients thoroughly until well combined.
- Add the coconut all and mix all the ingredients.
- lastly add in the maple syrup into the mixture. At this point I usually use my hand to mix the mixture to ensure all the maple syrup is well spread out throughout the entire mixture.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 170 for 8-10 minutes or until the the oats are golden.
- once baked remove from the oven and set aside. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut flakes and raisins into the granola.
- ( I like to add a little dark chocolate to the granola to give it an extra crunch and a different taste).
With lots of love,