Growing up as a christian and trying to develop my faith has always been an important aspect of my life. Learning from my mistakes as well as learning from the girls around me on how to be a Proverbs 31 woman. If you’re not a christian its a bible verse that describes a godly lady or woman. Its not only in that verse but several parts of proverbs have amazing teachings for young girls, women and ladies.
This week i have the privilege of being joined by my mum and a close friend to study and learn more about the bible as we have breakfast. I’m truly jumping for joy in excitement waiting for what my Friday morning has to offer.
I thought i’d make a lovely breakfast to show them my appreciation. For breakfast i choose to make mixed berry rolls that are low in sugar compared to cinnamon rolls. They would take longer to make if you don’t have ready made dough or some left over in the fridge. I’d recommend keeping some extra dough in the freezer to save on time and its perfect if your ever craving something.
To Make the rolls you will need:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbs granurated sugar
- 1 cup almond milk (warm)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbs soft margarine or butter (soft)
- 2 tbs activated yeast
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/8 cup of water
For glaze: (optional)
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Milk or butter (to brush on top before baking)
- 1/3 cup diced blueberries
- 2/3 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced black berries
- In a large bowl combine the yeast, sugar, salt, milk, butter. Mix until well combine.
- Gradually add the flour into the mixture.
- When it gets difficult to mix with a mixing spoon or whisk begin to kneed with your hands by folding the dough from end to end.
- Once all the dough is added ensure there is no dough left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Place in a plastic container or a bowl thats is oiled.
- Cover the bowl with a wet cloth and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and, using a rolling pin, roll into a 12×18 inch rectangle or a square.
- Make sure the dough is smooth and evenly thick, even at the corners.
- Spread the Strawberry sauce all over the dough. (Pour until sufficient / not too much).
- Sprinkle the diced fruit all over the dough.
- Tightly roll up the dough to form an 18-inch-long log.
- Cut into 12 even rolls (about 1.5 inches in width each). Arrange them in the prepared baking pan and leave to rise for an hour.
- Brush melted butter or margarine on top of the rolls before placing into the oven.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes on 150 Degrees Celsius.
For strawberry sauce:
- In a sauce pan add all the ingredient in to a sauce pan
- Let it simmer for 3 – 5 minutes of until the strawberries have softened or the mixture begins to bubble.
- Set aside to cool.
For the glaze: (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and drizzle onto of rolls.
With lots of Love,