The best thing about making your own food is that its healthier and you know what your feeding yourself. Eating whole foods or eating organic makes your body feel better. Even though i have sweet tooth i really try my best to feed my soul and not my body. What i mean by that is your body feels better and more energised when you feed your body with the right nutrients it needs to get it through the day. You might find out you might eat more than you actually need because of what you put in your body.
Some of the benefits of what you eat are:
Turmeric: its known for its many health benefits such as reduces skin inflammation, join pain, stomach pain stomach bloating and headaches.
Thyme: Lowers blood pressure, aids coughing, boosts immunity as well as boosts your mood.
Whole wheat flour/ whole grain: rich in finer, aids digestion, lowers cholesterol, lowers blood pressure and regulates blood sugar.
This Whole wheat tortillas are easy and quick to make. They can be stored in the freezer and re heated during the week when needed. Perfect for meal planning and a weekly prep.
I really thought id have to try this recipe over and over to get it right but it came out perfect.
Preparation: 45 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Turmeric and thyme Tortillas:
- 1/2 tsp turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme spice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (extra flour to dust)
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 almond milk
- 1/4 warm water
To make the tortillas :
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, oil, turmeric and thyme. Stir with a spoon to mix in all the ingredients and gradually begin to add the milk and the water.
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed in begin to knead with your hands.
- Add some flour to help with the kneading process.
- Once kneaded divided into smaller portions.
- Roll them in your hands to form into little balls. Place on a plate and cover with plastic or a towel so they don’t dry out as you go.
- Make each tortilla 5 – 6 inches in diameter.
- Heat your pan or cast iron skillet on low to medium heat.
- Each tortilla is cooked for 30 seconds – 1 minutes or until it starts more until it starts to brown.
- Flip again and cook for 30 seconds to a minute until your tortilla starts to puff up.
- If it puffs up you have done the right thing.
- Place finished tortillas in a towel or foil and cover to keep warm while you finish the rest. this will keep them soft and prevent them from cracking.
With Lots of Love,