This cake is perfect for satisfying all your sweet tooth cravings full of nutrients, fibre and protein. An alternative to a normal mixed berry cake.
For cake mix:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1/4 coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable, coconut or almond oil
- 1/3 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground almond (almond flakes)
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Grease cake tray or like tray with cake tin with parchment paper.
- Combine flours, coconut flakes, protein powder, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add oil, egg and milk and mix into the dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries. Pour into cake tin and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, various flours, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over cake before baking.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.